||Ph.D. Physics, Physical (computational) Oceanography, Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research
Thesis title: Long-term variability in the Baltic Sea
|10/2014 - 09/2017
||Master of Science (1.2), Engineering Physics, University of Oldenburg
Master thesis: The inﬂuence of sea ice on Baltic inﬂows (1.3): Relevant course work: Computational ﬂuid dynamics, computational intelligence, computational physics
|09/2010 - 02/2014
||Bachelor of Engineering (2.0), Energy, building and environmental engineering, Münster University of Applied Sciences
Major: Energy engineering
Bachelor thesis: Planning of a local area heating system in the historic city of Warendorf (1,3)
|Ph.D. Researcher, Physical Oceanography, Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research, Warnemünde
- numerical modeling of the Baltic Sea using a coupled ice-ocean model
- spatial correlation and multi-regression for sea level prediction
- interactive data validation using Python’s framework Dash
- data pre- and post-processing in R, Python and Matlab
- of large model output (>TB)
- parallel computation on supercomputers (HLRN)
- investigation of long-term trends in datasets using wavelet transformation
|Research assistant, Physical Oceanography, Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research, Warnemünde
- numerical modeling of the Baltic Sea
- statistical analysis of big data sets
- model validation with measurement data
|Research assistant, Energy Systems Analysis, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Applied Materials Research, Bremen
- co-development of a tool to estimate the energy usage of a smart home system work within the project HeiCePeCe
|Technical assistant, EWE Baskets Oldenburg, Oldenburg
- camera work
- control of the advertising boards
|Student assistant, energielenker GmbH (formerly infas enermetric), Greven
- planning of environment and climate concepts for cities
- organization of events that deal with CO2-reduction
- energy management and the future use of renewable energies
- planning of a local area heating system in the historic city of Warendorf
|Internship, ExKern GmbH, Münster.
- gutting and reconstruction of buildings
||Börgel, F., C. Frauen, T. Neumann, and H. E. M. Meier., Inﬂuence of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation on the spatial pattern of the North Atlantic Oscillation, Geophysical Research Letters, 2019
||Kniebusch, M., Meier, H. E. M., Neumann, T., and Börgel, F., Temperature variability of the Baltic Sea since 1850 and attribution to atmospheric forcing variables, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, https: //doi.org/10.1029/2018JC013948, 2019
||Radtke, H, Börgel, F, Brunnabend, S-E, Eggert, A, Kniebusch, M, Meier, H E M, Neumann, D, Neumann, T and Placke, M, Validator – a Web-Based Interactive Tool for Validation of Ocean Models at Oceanographic Stations., Journal of Open Research Software, https://doi.org/10.5334/jors. 259., 2019
||Börgel, F., C. Frauen, T. Neumann, S. Schimanke, and H. E. M. Meier., Impact of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation on Baltic Sea variability, Geophysical Research Letters, 45., https://doi.org/10.1029/2018GL078943., 2018
||Coastal Research on Tour, Presenting my research to a broad audience, organized by Helmhotz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Rostock.
||Warnemuender Abende, Presenting my research to a broad audience, organized by Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research, Warnemuende.
||Rostock’s Eleven, science communication challenge, Nominee for the Leibniz Institute of Baltic Sea Research, Rostock.
||Create your own #Scicomm bot, Host of an interactive session at Forum Wissenschaftskommunikation (Forum science communication), Bonn.
||Candidate for the political party ’Die Grünen’ for the local election in Rostock in 2019, Rostock.
||Member of Radentscheid Rostock, Citizen-initiated cycling referendum for the city of Rostock, Rostock.
||Vice chairman of the bicycle forum representing the political party ’Die Grünen’, Bicycle Forum, Rostock.
||Co-organizing of the young scientists event at Baltic Earth conference, Baltic Earth Conference, Helsingor, https://www.baltic-earth.eu/helsingor2018/index.html.
|06/2014 - 07/2014
||Co-organization of the art exhibition ’Ferdast - A journey through Iceland’ in the Geomuseum in Münster, Art Exhibition ’Ferdast - A journey through Iceland’, Münster, http://fotoausstellungisland.wordpress.com/.